Friday, August 13, 2010

Confessions of a Cosmo Girl...First Glamour blog.

So this month has been a time for new beginings and a time for some endings. Thats what the month of August is about. Renewal. My grandmother had just past a few weeks ago in late July and I have also had one of the biggest life changing decisions come up. I switched majors from Nursing to Cosmetology. WOW big change you say? Well sort of....I just got accepted to Regency Beauty Institute here in Madison Wi. If you don't know where that is, it's the state capitol about an hour from Chicago. A few of my biggest inspirations for making this decision was 1) my fellow beauty Gurus on Youtube 2)Kandee Johnson, a celebrity make up artist, mother of 3, that hardly ever frowns...and last but not least is my mom! She went to Glen Dow Academy back when I was ending highschool. She is a Manicurist in Cle Elum, WA at a five star resort called Suncadia. So I am begining a new life here in Madison. I had just moved her in early July. WOW time has flown by! Just had my birthday =( I am frowning because I am at a point where I am really confused if I am considered old or still young.? ((raises one eye brow)) My daughter says I am old. I look in the mirror and think: Yay my zits are finally gone! No wait, what is that? Is that...a gray HAIR?? 
Enough of that depression, I am really excited to go to Cosmetology school. I feel like I am finally moving on with my life and that I am closing a long brutal chapter of drama, grief, frustration, and anxiety that has pretty much consumed that last 8 years that I have been in health care. I am pretty sure my husband probably feels the same. He just graduated with his PhD in Math! Now he is out in the real world bring home the bacon while I sit here and paint my nails, do my hair, post tutorals, Blog!, and of course, keep my child occupied.
Ohhhh that child. She is my love, my sunshine, and probably the reason for that damn gray hair I found. She is 9 going on 20. She likes to boss people around, brag, complain about her hair, correct my sentances, and ask me annoying questions. So I can't wait for school to start!!! So if you catch some of my vids on youtube and you need advice on anything or if you find ME asking for advice. Please don't hesistate either way for a response. Okay I feel like I just journaled...is that what this is supposed to feel like? Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment